Monday, April 30, 2012

DIY Eye Makeup Remover Pads


Supply List
1/2 T baby wash
1 T grapeseed oil
6 oz water
cotton rounds
container with lid
  • Mix the baby wash, grapeseed oil and water together.  It will sud slightly, much like a bottle you can buy in stores. 
  • Place cotton rounds in container and slowly pour the mixture on top of the cotton rounds and let it absorb through the stack.
  • Make batches of about 20 at a time.  This allows the eye makeup remover to penetrate all the cotton rounds and keeps them fresh. 
  • Store the eye makeup remover pads tightly closed.
  • For efficient, fast removal follow my use guide here, How to Remove Eye Makeup.

A note about my take on DIY beauty recipes.
I love simple recipes, DIY beauty and minimal chemical ingredients.  However I also love convenience and haven't made a switch to living all organic and eco harmoniously just yet.  I do my part at respecting the earth.  Equally as important is my goal at buying things intentionally.  I read labels, I educate myself on what those big words are and do for a gal and I strive to purchase minimally processed and chemically packed products.

Additionally all eyes are not created equal and all though this is made up of gentle ingredients it may not be for everyone.  I have sensitive eyes and store bought formula's irritate mine and this homemade eye makeup remover works with no problem.  

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make these. I hate all the chemicals in the Almay ones I use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have plenty of baby wash in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us to, Did you see the jumbo bottle...ahaha. I hope it works well for you. Come back and let me know sometime!

      Delete
  3. How great..gonna give this a try! Pinned it:)
    Found you on All Things Chic!
    Ashley:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning it Ashley! Let me know how it works for you. I love All Things Chic!

      Delete
  4. I love homemade skin care stuff! I occasionally use baking soda to exfoliate my face! Easy peasy!

    BTW - Is that green shaggy carpeting? It looks a WHOLE lot like what we've got in our house except ours is gold. Not my favorite. I am very much looking forward to the day when it can all be replaced with hardwood! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! Believe it or not that is a neon shag rug that we bought on purpose. Don't worry it is part of a brightly colored room for the girls. I bet you are waiting to ditch that, shag is intense! :)

      Delete
  5. Great idea, you are amazing!

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea- I'm definitely going to try this out! New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on your site that you have sensitive skin, you should like these! I hope you like what you see, thanks for joining!

      Delete